Healthy Meal Prep Burrito Bowls
You can’t go wrong with some good burrito bowls. They are so versatile with the different ways that you can make them. Use a different meat every time, switch up the veggies, and try them with different toppings.
Check out how I like to make our meal-prepped chicken burrito bowls.
Recipe yields 8-10 meals (depending on your preferred serving size).
- 3 chicken breasts (frozen or thawed)
- 2 cups brown rice (uncooked)
- 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can kerneled corn (drained)
- ¾-1 cup salsa
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toppings (green onions, shredded cheese, light sour cream, salsa, guac, tortilla chips)
- Start by cooking your brown rice. In a medium pot, bring 3 cups of water to boil. Then stir in rice, cover, and reduce to low heat. Cook for 40-50 minutes or until water has been absorbed.
- While your rice is cooking, start the chicken. Place frozen or thawed chicken breasts into a large pot of water. Bring to a boil and then turn down to medium-high heat. Cook for 40-50 minutes if frozen, or 20-30 if thawed.
- When the chicken is done (there should be no pink), remove from water and shred it. Dump the water out of the large pot.
- Pour rice, shredded chicken, beans, corn, salsa, and seasonings into the large pot and mix well.
- Portion out into food storage containers and eat for lunches or dinners throughout the week.
- Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!