Low Carb Broccoli Cheddar Soup
I couldn't find a low-carb broccoli cheddar soup that I loved, so I made my own. Enjoy!
Macros per serving: 25 g fat, 8.4 g protein, 4.6 g net carbs
Total servings: 8
I paired these Keto Cheddar Bay Biscuits with them (and they are so easy to make).
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tsp guar gum (or other thickener - amount may be different if you use something else)
- 1 good-sized crown of broccoli, diced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2-14.5 oz cans of chicken or veggie broth
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sautée your diced onions and butter in your pot over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the guar gum (or other thickener) at this point, then pour in the heavy cream and whisk in well. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes. This should get pretty thick.
- Next, stir in your broth and bring to a boil.
- Pour in the cheese and whisk in until completely melted.
- Add garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in broccoli and let simmer on medium-low heat for 20-30 minutes (until the broccoli is the tenderness that you like). Stir occasionally.